Re: Is it possible to default all number data to numeric type?

From: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: "Pls Help Me" <plshelpme(at)my-deja(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to default all number data to numeric type?
Date: 2001-08-31 21:37:34
Lists: pgsql-general

You can create an '=' operator for those two types. Look at the "CREATE
OPERATOR" command, listed in the "SQL Commands" section of the Reference
Manual. That manual comes with your distribution, and also can be accessed
via any of the PostgreSQL mirror sites (check www.postgresql.org to find
one near you).