Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.0

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.0
Date: 2018-01-26 07:44:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi,
>
> I've spent the last weeks working on my LLVM compilation patchset. In
> the course of that I *heavily* revised it. While still a good bit away
> from committable, it's IMO definitely not a prototype anymore.

Below are results on my system for Q1 TPC-H scale 10 (~13Gb database)

Time
20075
jit_expressions=on
16105
jit_tuple_deforming=on 14734
jit_perform_inlining=on
13441

Also I noticed that parallel execution didsables JIT.
At my computer with 4 cores time of Q1 with parallel execution is 6549.
Are there any principle problems with combining JIT and parallel execution?

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company