Re: must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function problem

From: "Edward W(dot) Rouse" <erouse(at)comsquared(dot)com>
To: "'Samuel Gendler'" <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function problem
Date: 2012-01-31 22:13:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Yeah, that's what I did. No more group by, the MAX is in a subquery. One of
the reasons I hate coming behind someone else and updating their stuff is
that too many people try to get cute with the code. I try to make everything
as plain and simple as possible unless performance issues require otherwise.
My code is boring, but easy to understand and maintain ;)