Will Postgres ODBC driver v8.04 overwrite driver v8.01?

From: "Rob Richardson" <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Will Postgres ODBC driver v8.04 overwrite driver v8.01?
Date: 2011-03-23 15:30:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Greetings!

Is it possible to install the Postgres ODBC v8.04 driver without
removing or interrupting the existing v8.01 driver?

We have a customer who has been using the Postgres ODBC driver for
several years. We have identified a need to upgrade him at least to
8.04, but we don't want to interrupt production until the new driver has
been tested. I would like to have 8.01 and 8.04 both available. Then,
I can use 8.04 to connect to a test database and make sure our programs
work before modifying their installation to use the new driver for
production. But I don't want to install 8.04 until I know that it won't
interrupt their production.

Thank you very much.

RobR