Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Honda Shigehiro" <fwif0083(at)mb(dot)infoweb(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support
Date: 2007-03-27 03:01:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
>>> Related to this, when are we going to get the Japanese po files in the
>>> core distribution?
>
>> No idea. In my understanding, current message translating system has
>> serious problem if wrong locale and encoding is provided(has this
>> issue been solved in 8.3?).
>
> That's certainly true, and it's not solved. But how does keeping the
> Japanese po files out of the distribution improve the matter?

We are doing the support including the trouble. It was thought that the place
of JPUG was preferable for the reasons why they were problems too peculiar
to Japan. Then, The system of the support of Honda-san who was the
representative of the document team had functioned enough up to now.
However, it is not the one to refuse to do the distribution with the main body.
It should discuss it again in the document team for the reasons why the one
that was the effort to match to the release schedule of the main body becomes
stronger.

Anyway, Please wait for the response from Honda-san for a while.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito