Re:

From: "Hillensbeck, Preston" <PHillensbeck(at)sfbcic(dot)com>
To: 'Chadwick Rolfs' <cmr(at)shell(dot)gis(dot)net>, "Hillensbeck, Preston" <PHillensbeck(at)sfbcic(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2002-04-17 21:43:39
Lists: pgsql-php

Ok I figured it out... I wasn't sending data to all of the columns, just
some. I had some other columns called check_pre_balance and
check_post_balance. When I entered data for those columns it went through.
The reason I didn't enter data for those columns is because I haven't worked
on the SQL command to update the pre and post balances yet and was doing
some testing first. Ok, well thanks for the replies everyone :)

> <input type="text" name="check_trans_type" VALUE="">

> @$sql="INSERT INTO checking VALUES('$check_date', '$check_num',
> '$check_pay', '$check_amount', '$check_trans_type');";

> check_trans_type is type text
>
> The error that comes up is ...
> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: Bad numeric input format
> 'check_trans_type' in /etc/httpd/htdocs/checkbook2.php on line 41

POST_VARS should always be strings. Have you tried this without the php,
as in psql. What happens when you replace, in the insert statement,
$check_trans_type, with a correct value? Is it supposed to be like
withdrawl, deposit...etc?
Good luck

Chadwick Rolfs - cmr(at)gis(dot)net
Cleveland State University - Student
Music Major - The Holden Arboretum Volunteer
Computer Programmer - Student Employee
--*I finally found powdered water;
I just can't figure out what to add to it*--

  • Re: at 2002-04-17 21:43:21 from Chadwick Rolfs