tablespace patch

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tablespace patch
Date: 2003-05-06 01:49:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that I've gotten hold of Jim Buttafuoco's old
index location patch and had a look at it. I can see now the restrictions
in it, and it's not as far along as I thought. I'll hold onto it though,
and gradually come up with a full solution (hopefully) using a pg_location
table, etc.

First thing tho, apparently, is to refactor smgr and bufmgr to use only file
descriptors am I right?

Chris