JDBC classes?

From: "Paul Wallace" <paul(dot)wallace(at)prosolutions-ap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC classes?
Date: 2001-12-07 10:32:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,
I would like to set up a JDBC conenction to a remote machine. I have a
number of problems / questions before I can do this howver.
Firstly, I am using an application server where the JDBC files must be
put under a particular directory. If I am to downlaod 'precompiled drivers',
can you tell me firstly why are they .jar files and not .class if the are
precompiled? My app. server reads the .classes (stored ina classses
directory).
Also, I am not really aware what VM version is insatlled on my machine!
I can tell you that it is 1.2 or up however. What VM is required on the
target?
I think that is all for now as I dont want to exhaust my resources!

Thanks in advance

Paul Wallace
Concerto Developer/Support Consultant
ProSolutions Asia Pacific Co., Ltd.