Big Picture

From: Brad Paul <bpaul(at)carolina(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Big Picture
Date: 2002-10-15 12:48:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Josh,

Thank you for your informative response.

I think I see what I need to do as far as building a workable data
model in PostgreSQL.

Luckily I'm not restricted to using MS Access.

I looked at your suggestion of zope. This looks like it could work for
me. My only concern about learning zope is that I'm not convinced that
it's database connection for postgreSQL is workable. It's sourceforge
web page is not very informative. I have also done some searches for
zope in the PostgreSQL newsgroups and have found no real
information. I have found some info in zope newsgroups about working
with postgresql.

I'm a physicist that has be thrown into doing computer stuff at a
small company. I'm not afraid of a large learning curve I just don't
have time to go up the wrong one.

So my real question is:
What is the best way to make a generic front to a PostgreSQL database?

Any suggestions on what to look into whould be of great help.

Brad Paul