Re: parse partition strategy string in gram.y

From: "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parse partition strategy string in gram.y
Date: 2022-10-24 14:32:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a reason why HASH partitioning does not currently support range partition bounds, where the values in the partition bounds would refer to the hashed value?

The advantage of hash partition bounds is that they are not domain-specific, as they are for ordinary RANGE partitions, but they are more flexible than MODULUS/REMAINDER partition bounds.

On 10/21/22, 9:48 AM, "Japin Li" <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 20:34, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 06:22:44PM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
>> Is there any way to get the regression tests diffs from Cirrus CI?
>> I did not find the diffs in [1].
>>
>> [1] https://cirrus-ci.com/build/4721735111540736
>
> They're called "main".
> I'm planning on submitting a patch to rename it to "regress", someday.
> See also: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20221001161420.GF6256%40telsasoft.com

Oh, thank you very much! I find it in testrun/build/testrun/main/regress [1].

[1] https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6215926717612032/testrun/build/testrun/main/regress/regression.diffs

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.