Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Constantin Stefanov" <cstef(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show
Date: 2004-02-09 10:34:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

It's not so much about when you select those indexes, it's what happens
when you select the parent table and the index definition gets included
in the table definition (I realise that doesn't happen yet for indexes,
but the intention is that it will). That is of course, a relatively
minor problem.

The primary question remains though, why should we expose implementation
details of something like a primary key when we already show the primary
key itself? It's not like you cannot see the columns in it or anything.
Should we by the same argument show the triggers that implement foreign
keys, or rules that implement views?

Regards, Dave.