pg_clog woes with 7.3.2

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2
Date: 2003-04-07 15:08:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Just building a new box with Slackware Linux 9 (2.4.20 kernel) and
PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and I've run into a little problem. I've successfully
loaded about 260Mb of data from the old server (7.3.1), however when I
vacuum one of the databases that I've loaded, I get the following error
(which Google would have me believe was fixed in 7.2.3):

mnogo_int=# select version();
version
PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
(1 row)

mnogo_int=# vacuum;
PANIC: open of /disk1/data/pg_clog/0001 failed: No such file or
directory
before or while processing the request.
!#

There is only one file in pg_clog - 0000. The directory is owned by the
postgres user, and is mode 700.

Any ideas would be appreciated - I'm not too worried about losing data
either as the old server ain't gonna die just yet.

Regards, Dave.