Re: PGAdmin 3 Patch // Memory Leaks Fixed // Ignore last patch

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "efesar" <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>, "Pgadmin-Hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin 3 Patch // Memory Leaks Fixed // Ignore last patch
Date: 2003-03-06 09:18:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Keith,

Nice work, thanks. You must have been bored :-). As you can probably
tell I'm fairly new to C++ and still get a little confused with
references & pointers from time to time.

Anyway, I've applied this patch to my copy of the tree, and once I found
the wx2.4 change you commented (downloading it now), it built OK.
Unfortunately, I still can't get the QueryBuilder to do anything. When I
try to add a table there are none listed - I've tried a few databases,
all of which have a number of tables. I haven't had a chance to figure
out what's wrong. Also, if I click the Data tab I get a parse error,
even if I manually type in a valid query (which then vanishes).

> because using the one from pgServer was choosing random
connections/databases.

The one from pgServer should *always* be the master connection (ie. The
database in the login dialogue). Is this not the case?

On another note, how did you generate the patch? I had a heck of a job
applying it as it found files in /src but not any of the others. It's
probably me though - I often end up battling with patch....

Regards, Dave.