Re: schemas (public, custom...)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Reshat Sabiq" <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: schemas (public, custom...)
Date: 2002-12-22 19:21:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

If you have PostgreSQL 7.2.x or below, then the public schema in pgAdmin
doesn't really exist, it's just a dummy for compatibility with
PostgreSQL 7.3. If you have 7.3.x, then you must use a schema. If you
use public, then by default it's in the search path so you can usually
leave off the 'public.'. Look at section 2.8 of the PostgreSQL User's
guide for more info (it's in the pgAdmin helpfile).

Regards, Dave.