Re: compiled pga3

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compiled pga3
Date: 2002-12-10 13:50:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

:-)

> I got PGA3 to compile (VCC6) in both Release and Debug mode.
> I'm using the latest CVS for libpg ... unfortunately
> wxWindows 2.3.3 was not available so I got 2.3.4 instead. Is that OK?

Should be. I've been meaning to install it but have been pre-occupied
with a final project for Uni.

> All my development/production databases are PG 7.2. I don't
> have an extra box to put 7.3 on, and I can't upgrade until
> such a time as my ISP decides they want to do it. Is there a
> test server sitting out there in the ether?

No, ours is on a private network. Most of the time though, I use Cygwin
PostgreSQL on my XP laptop. It works well for testing - especially as it
can be stopped and started as required without affecting others.

> One thing I did notice I had to change in the project
> settings for the Debug PGA3 ... it was linked to "wxxrc.lib"
> and it would give link errors (double defined symbols) until
> I changed it to "wxxrcd.lib" ...

I'll look at that. The build environment has only been lashed together
so far anyway.

> I did not upload the changed DSP because frankly ... I don't
> know how ... I tried to commit the file but I don't have
> write access to the repository.

No, anonymous only has read access. Please submit patches (diff -c
format) for the time being. If you start producing many/big patches of
good quality, then I'll look at creating a read/write CVS account for
you.

> Please feel free to ask me questions or assign tasks or
> whatnot. Thanks.

Most of the browser & properties dialogues need work, but I've yet to
figure out all the details of them. If you're up for a big task, then we
need the SQL query tool. If you're familiar with MS SQL Query Analyzer,
I think the general concencus is that a design similar to that would be
good.

There are also other things in the ToDo list. Mark & I are quite busy
now, so if anything assigned to us takes your fancy, just let me know
first.

Thanks, Dave.