Re: Postgresql.org search engine.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql.org search engine.
Date: 2004-01-30 19:30:26
Lists: pgsql-www

You mean like Googles speeling corektor?
(http://labs.google.com/britney.html). No, ASPSeek doesn't have this,
however I wonder how hard it might be to knock something up based on
ispell and soundex... Hmmmmm....

> Design suggestion: I'd like to see most important parts of
> form at left side, for example, site selector, imho, better
> to have left most, then grouping, format, number results per page.

Yup, agreed.

> Also, I don't like fixed width, in my browser I have to
> scroll left-right to see a whole form :)

The whole site is designed that way at the moment, but the new
multilanguage version that's in development will be sizable. I hope to
update the archives to a similar design at some point as well, just as
soon as I've persuaded Marc that it's worth regenerating the messages
again!

Regards, Dave.