Re: RV: error during pgadmin connection

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Guillermo Alejos Egoavil" <galejos(at)essalud(dot)gob(dot)pe>, "pgadmin-support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RV: error during pgadmin connection
Date: 2004-01-14 23:42:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

_____

From: Guillermo Alejos Egoavil [mailto:galejos(at)essalud(dot)gob(dot)pe]
Sent: 14 January 2004 23:25
To: pgadmin-support
Subject: [pgadmin-support] RV: error during pgadmin connection

Although using ping and ODBC connection tools, no error is reported, but it is when we try to use the window connection.

Following is the error message :

-- Error Information --

Number: 430
Routine: pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click

What do we need to install on the pgsql database?

Normally that means you need to reinstall MDAC on the client. You might want to try pgAdmin III though - it neatly bypasses all the MDAC/ODBC dependencies.

Regards, Dave.