Re: gforge

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gforge
Date: 2003-11-26 14:12:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On the plus side we have various developments in there that *we* want
that we might not get in another package.

A few thoughts:

- What are you going to do about existing projects? Force them to move
or end up with 2 projeect sites. Bear in mind that some of the more
important ones (libpqxx, npgsql etc.) may not want to move.

- Are we going to advertise both on the main site? Seems like it would
be pretty confusing to me.

- gforge.postgresql.org/gborg.postgresql.org are confusingly similar.

- If ppl move site, then there will be potentially massive migration of
user lists to handle.

Regards, Dave.

  • Re: gforge at 2003-11-26 14:53:05 from Marc G. Fournier