Re: Some wx behavior questions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John McCawley" <jmccawley(at)worleyco(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some wx behavior questions
Date: 2003-11-21 16:07:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi John,

Please feel free to ask your questions here, I can't speak for everyone,
but certainly the main dev team will always help out where possible.
That said, the wx guys do know more about their code than we do, so you
may benefit more from asking them (though the one and only time I tried
this the silent response was deafening :-( ).

As for this particular problem, a few thoughts spring to mind (haven't
investigated the feasibility though):

- Set an access key on your Cancel button/Exit menu option

- wxCommandEvents are recursively applied to the parent windows event
handler. If you derive your own text control, can you catch the keypress
and raise your own wxCommandEvent?

- Derive your own controls and override the OnChar event handler (as
above) but this time call a public exit() method in the parent
frame/dialogue.

I would add that I would be hesitant to put code based on the second two
ideas in the pgAdmin tree as it would likely be a lot of extra classes
that implement a 'nicety' not in the rest of the code.

Regards, Dave.