Re: POSSIBLE BUG.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jose Avalis" <javalis(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POSSIBLE BUG.
Date: 2002-09-13 20:03:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Avalis [mailto:javalis(at)sympatico(dot)ca]
Sent: 13 September 2002 18:56
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ODBC] POSSIBLE BUG.

Hi guys, good afternoon.

Sorry for bother you, but I'm having problems in accessing
Postgres/Linux Red Hat from my Access DB

The thing is that I need to make an interface between my
current Access database and a new Postgres DB, so I've downloaded the
ODBC Client version 7.02.00.02 (FULL) and I've installed it in a
terminal with Windows 98 and it is working fine, then I've installed te
same version in another Windows 2000 Porfessional (Spack2) terminal and
I couldn't connect to the Postgres DB.

My Postgres DB is called PTEST1 and the user is jose with
password josex the Linux server's IP address in where Postgres is, is
192.168.1.5, so this is the address that I've set in the ODBC dialog
window in my Win2k terminal (control Panel -> Adm. tools -> ODBC data
sources)

When I try to connect from Access, Excel, etc) this error
comes up:

ODBC Failed
No pg_hba.conf found, server 192.168.1.100, database PTEST1,
user Jose. (#201)

The non-sense thing is that: 192.168.1.100 is MY TERMINAL'S
IP ADDRESS, not 192.168.1.5 which is the Postgres server address ; even
when the ODBC Connection window is showing me the right address
(192.168.1.5)

You need to edit $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf on the server and add a suitable
entry to allow connections from your workstation (192.168.1.100).

Regards, Dave.