Re: trying to import mysql database - crash

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Armbrust, Daniel C(dot)" <Armbrust(dot)Daniel(at)mayo(dot)edu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trying to import mysql database - crash
Date: 2003-08-04 19:48:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Armbrust, Daniel C. [mailto:Armbrust(dot)Daniel(at)mayo(dot)edu]
Sent: 04 August 2003 20:44
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] trying to import mysql database -
crash

I'm trying to copy a database from mySql to postgres - I'd like
to compare their performance in a specific application.

I'm trying to use the database migration wizard in pgadmin
1.6.0. (Is there a better way to duplicate this database across?)
Right after I click next after specifying the odbc database, pgadmin
ungracefully crashes. And its not the new error catcher either, is the
system level crash notification.

Hi,

There is a bug in some versions of myODBC that causes this error. Please
see http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2003-03/msg00068.php

Regards, Dave.