Re: Oh no!!

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oh no!!
Date: 2003-07-15 07:17:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Please put it back with an option to switch it off if you dislike it so
much. I hate running non-queries and not seeing that they have obviously
completed.

> Additionally, the message page is
> not a mere logging window, but
> receives the messages and notices for the currently executed
> query (we
> already have a logging mechanism...). That's why it has to be cleared
> before each execution. The query being executed is in the
> query page, so
> why repeat it? If you're repeatedly executing many big
> queries, like I
> do, you won't see any more what's really important.

It shows the history of what you've been doing and waht happened -
particularly useful when fine tuning queries etc. The current log window
has never shown more than 3 lines to me, and that could easily be
reduced without losing content. I would far rather see a rolling history
of what I've done and what the result was, than a couple of lines of
text that might just as well be in the status bar.

Again, please put it back, and add a 'verbose' output option for those
of us that want to see that sort of thing.

Regards, Dave.

  • Re: Oh no!! at 2003-07-15 08:33:18 from Andreas Pflug