Re: Quotation marks in pgAdmin III

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Alexander N(dot) Treyner" <alex(at)treyner(dot)israel(dot)net>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Quotation marks in pgAdmin III
Date: 2003-09-11 10:23:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

If you use mixed case in PostgreSQL then you must quote the identifiers
or it will fold them to lower case. pgAdmin creates tables using the
name you specify - if you use upper case characters then it will quote
them, because PostgreSQL requires that you do so. If you want unquoted
names, you must use lower case. This applies to pgAdmin and psql.

Regards, Dave.