Re: Mac OS Experience

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mac OS Experience
Date: 2003-05-19 13:57:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I'm Ccing this to the list as it does look like the emails are getting
there, just not back out again (yet)!

Has. Did it last night.

> 1) A while box the same size as the splash screen on linux
> and Windows
> appears, but is empty. This is obviously the splash page, but it's
> empty.

We originally had that issue on Windows/Unix. The xpm format we now use
worked the best. Can you get an XPM to display in a simple test program?

> 2) The tip of the day box appears, filled in with a tip.
>
> That's all the happens. I *can not* click any of the buttons of the
> checkbox in the tip of the day dialog. There is no icon in the dock
> bar. There is no application menu. I cannot select the
> window or exit
> the program without using 'kill' from the command-line.
>
> Any ideas? Perhaps my changes did this, but I would doubt it.

Can you see from the log where it gets to in the code? It may be useful
to add some logging calls (feel free to send a patch to add them to CVS
if you think they may have future value) to locate what bits work and
what doesn't.

<shouts across the office to Mark>

Mark seems to recall having seen something similar happen on Linux,
possible around the time we were experimenting with the splash screen.
Can't remember what it was though...

What happens if you comment out the splash screen so it never loads?
Maybe OS-X doesn't like the way it's trying to draw the picture.

Regards, Dave.