Re: pgAdmin Crashes with ODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Alex Paulusberger" <alexp(at)meta-bit(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Crashes with ODBC
Date: 2003-05-09 07:09:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Alex,

That's somewhat outside the scope of the pgAdmin support list...

> B) minor issue; in the upgrade menu, the installed odbc drive
> still does
> not show up.

Even if you are connected to a database when you run the Upgrade Wizard?
If that's the case then there's something wrong. Do you have another
copy of the DLL around that might be being found first?

> Any ideas what the couse of the problem A) could be?

No, it works fine for me using Excel XP. I have pretty much default ODBC
settings...

> Will there be a new odbc driver release soon that fixes these
> problems
> and is save to use in a production environment ?

I hope to release a new version soon (he says with his PostgreSQL hat
on...).

Regards, Dave.