Re: UTF-8 support

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UTF-8 support
Date: 2003-05-20 13:36:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Cool. Nice to know it works better than VB!

> Are you converting UTF-8 into Latin1 or is pgAdmin3 really
> UTF-8 compatible (I
> thought GTK 1.2 did not support UTF-8)?

We are not doing anything about charsets yet, other than following the
wxWindows guidelines for Unicode support by wrapping all literal strings
in the wxT() macro.

My intention was to get the core functionality done, tested and
released, and then to work on stuff like Unicode/UTF-8 support (which I
still need to get my head fully around!)

Regards, Dave.