Re: exporting date values from access

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "administrator(at)K-Soft" <admin(at)ksoft(dot)org>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: exporting date values from access
Date: 2003-03-23 20:58:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: administrator(at)K-Soft [mailto:admin(at)ksoft(dot)org]
Sent: 23 March 2003 18:21
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] exporting date values from access

Hi,
maybe I'm loosing something obvious, but every time I try to
export date values from Access tables the database migration wizard
returns error rolling back.
I'm mapping access date fields to postgre date fields but the
wizard takes the complete date/time value trying to insert it in the
corresponding postgre date field... see the log!
I'm trying to migrate via pgadmin from access date values (time
set to 00:00:00) , time values (date set to 1899-12-30) and timestamp
(date with time) values to corresponding postgre fields, but how this
can be done? (access has only one type of date/time value with different
rappresentation)

Hi Zoltan,

Please try the snapshot from the binaries folder at
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/. Installation nstructions are in the README.

How can I migrate fields defaults too?

This is currently not supported, but can be done manually in pgAdmin
after migration.

How can I alter from pgadmin column properties (typically change
data type) ?

If you select the Properties page (right-click, Properties) of the
column you want to change, you can edit some details on the Properties
form. You cannot change the column data type however as PostgreSQL
doesn't support this.

Regards, Dave.