Re: Using COPY in the migration wizard.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Kurt Roeckx" <Q(at)ping(dot)be>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using COPY in the migration wizard.
Date: 2002-12-11 22:19:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

No because there is no interface for copy in the ODBC spec.

> What I can do in psql in less than a second takes 10 minutes
> or more using the wizard. That is just for one of the
> smallest tables. For the whole database it's probably going
> to take days at this rate.

Make sure you have logging turned off under Tools -> Options, and that
SQL tracing is switched of in the ODBC driver manager. To be honest
though, if you can get your data in a format for copy, then I would
suggest migrating the empty tables only using pgAdmin, then loading them
using psql.

Regards, Dave.