Re: PostGres and WIN32, a plea!

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostGres and WIN32, a plea!
Date: 2002-11-26 15:43:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Merlin,

This is true - the port is being actively worked on (see recent posts
from Bruce Momjian). A number of us have also been involved with the
closed source beta testing recently.

> I think postgres is the fastest
> database ever written for pc hardware, with the one possible
> exception of Microsoft Foxpro (note: not written by
> Microsoft).

Hmm, ever tried using a large multiuser database such as a finance
system using a Foxpro database? Network managers have been known to
murder for less... :-)

Regards, Dave.