Re: How do I select the last Id in a column???

From: "Josh Goldberg" <josh(at)4dmatrix(dot)com>
To: "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: "Michael Kovalcik" <makd32(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I select the last Id in a column???
Date: 2003-06-30 18:07:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

I did, and the second transaction wouldn't even complete the insert until
the first transaction commit'd or rollback'd. I created two new tables and
tried on there and it produced the expected behaviour, but several of my
existing tables do not.

I changed my code to use currval from now on, just to play it safe :-)