Re: pgoledb transaction error

From: "David Johnston" <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "'gato pardo'" <gato(dot)pardo(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgoledb transaction error
Date: 2011-12-30 20:25:09
Lists: pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of gato pardo
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:39 AM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] pgoledb transaction error

Hi:
I am moving my data from windows-mssql to Linux-postgresql, but I'am
still accessing the data from windows using pgoledb - in order to have
compatibility with he old system. Everything is working ok, except when
transactions are involved.

Examining in this list I found the same kind of error I am having at
this moment:
"Error message: Unspecified error
Engine Used: PgOleDb
Error type : commit failed"
I did not find what solution was found.
Can anyone help me with, at least, some tips ?

Tip 1: Provide the SQL statements you are trying to execute when you get the
error; given that is it a "commit"-type error the entire transaction is
useful.
Tip 2: Make use of the PostgreSQL server logs to see exactly what the server
is (has been) attempting to execute instead of the single error message the
client is seeing.

David J.