Return more than a record

From: "Kumar" <sgnerd(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: "psql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Return more than a record
Date: 2004-02-26 13:51:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Friends,

Postgres 7.3.4 on RH Linux 7.2.

Get the following from the groups
create or replace function ExpensiveDepartments() returns setof table1 as
'
declare
r table1%rowtype;
begin
for r in select departmentid, sum(salary) as totalsalary
from GetEmployees() group by departmentid loop

if (r.totalsalary > 70000) then
r.totalsalary := CAST(r.totalsalary * 1.75 as int8);
else
r.totalsalary := CAST(r.totalsalary * 1.5 as int8);
end if;

if (r.totalsalary > 100000) then
return next r.departmentid;
end if;

end loop;
return;
end
'
language 'plpgsql';
Is possible for me to return a variable along with that 'return' statement? Because the table 'table1' contains some date
column. I have done some calculation on those columns and want to return the calculated date along with that row of the
table1. How to do that. Please shed some light.