command to Describe RULE

From: <tsmets(at)brutele(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: command to Describe RULE
Date: 2002-03-27 01:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I create a table (addresses) & its "historification".
When an address is modified, it's moved to the historification which is
basically a copy on "update" or "delete".
I seem to have a proble & I wanna find the RULE I created to alter them.
What command should I issue for that.
I seem to not be able to find any \d command for that ...
Could some one hint me ?

Tx,

Thomas,

===============================

-- This table is really useless as such
-- *************************************
CREATE TABLE historification ( pkh SERIAL,
-- This will be the moment the record is "archived"
dateend TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);

-- Here is a basic address table
CREATE TABLE addresses ( pk SERIAL,
street CHAR(50) NOT NULL,
street2 CHAR(50),
zip CHAR(10) NOT NULL,
city CHAR(30) NOT NULL,
-- I have a table countries where the countries
-- iso-codes are stored
Country CHAR(2) REFERENCES COUNTRIES,
datemodified TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);

-- Here is the PostgreSQL historification
CREATE TABLE AddressHistorics ()
INHERITS (historification, addresses);

CREATE RULE update_address AS
ON UPDATE TO addresses
DO
INSERT INTO AddressHistorics (pk, street, street2, zip, city,
country, datemodified)
VALUES (old.pk, old.street, old.street2, old.zip, old.city,
old.country, old.datemodified);

CREATE RULE delete_address AS
ON DELETE TO Addresses

--