Full Time Job Opening: Postgresql DBA.Developer

From: "Jill Osinoff " <jill(at)perfres(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Full Time Job Opening: Postgresql DBA.Developer
Date: 2011-06-14 17:08:03
Lists: pgsql-jobs

This is a full time position based in NYC with a thriving start up. Salary
to 150K.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS

-Thorough Postgres experience, including:
-install, configure, optimize the server
-read, maintain, write, optimize complex queries; add appropriate indexes
-interface with Perl or other scripting languages for data
exchange/massaging
-Perl and shell scripting, regular expressions
-CGI/Perl, HTML, Javascript, AJAX, Apache: read, maintain and write new code
-Debian/ubuntu: install, configure
-Network configuration (including file sharing: NFS, CIFS)

-Fluent shell, ssh and *NIX commands

It will be your responsibility:
-To ensure continuity of operations of our entire platform, including audio
fingerprinting, feed capture, audio processing, databases and web servers;
if issues arise, to fix scripts and/or data and/or reconfigure software as
appropriate.
-To monitor hardware resource usage, including backup and redundancy.
-As practical constrains evolve, to improve and adapt our internal processes
and suggest necessary improvements and evolutions to our proprietary
technologies.
-To install our software in other environments (partners, licensees, etc.)
as needs arise.

ABOUT YOU

-Problem solver. You don't try it, you do it.
-Strong autonomy and sense of responsibility.
-Sharp, fast and ready in all the technologies that we use.
-Obsessed with details and yet you keep the big picture in mind.
-Flexible and able to react quickly.
-Not afraid to use software that nobody else has, and that is changing every
week.
-You want to own our platform as we want to own the space.

Best,

Jill

___________________

Jill Osinoff | Staffing Consultant

Performance Resources

Phone: 516-913-4228 | email: <mailto:jill(at)inexusgroup(dot)com>
jill(at)perfres(dot)com

www.perfres.com

TO VIEW ALL OF OUR JOB OPENINGS, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!

<http://twitter.com/#!/jilltechrecruit> twitter email perf

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jillosinoff> linked for email best

Hicksville Office | 76 N. Broadway | Hicksville, NY 11801

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the alias address of this message. If the reader
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
requested not to distribute or copy this communication. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or
return e-mail and delete the original message from your system. Thank you.