Tuning For Solaris

From: "Duncan Adams (DNS)" <duncan(dot)adams(at)vcontractor(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tuning For Solaris
Date: 2003-03-11 09:47:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all

We have had to move our applications off Linux and on to Sun (for standardisation) now my problem is that the application (php, postgres) runs about 5 times slower on the sun box (6 X 600mhz(i think) cpu, one gig ram and more than enuf hard drive space) than on the linux box (redhat 7.2, 2 X 400mhz cpu, 256mg ram, and not so much hard drive space).

Is there any documentation to fine tune the Solaris box?.

Stuff I did find.
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/PackagingForSolaris

thanx
duncan