Re: Transfer database tables to a schema

From: "Chris Travers" <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: "Peter Darley" <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>, "Pgsql-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transfer database tables to a schema
Date: 2004-02-04 04:40:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Try this:
(tested for PostgreSQL 7.4)
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION move_relation(VARCHAR, VARCHAR, VARCHAR)
RETURNS BOOL
AS '
-- $1 is the table name
-- $2 is the source schema
-- $3 is the destination schema
--
UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_class
SET relnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace

UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_type
SET typnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace
WHERE nspname = $3)
WHERE typnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace
WHERE nspname = $2)
AND typname = $1;

SELECT TRUE;
' LANGUAGE SQL;