ResultSetMetaData + CachedResultSet bug

From: "Sergii Sinelnychenko" <SSinelnychenko(at)bossdev(dot)com>
To: "Postgres-JDBC" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ResultSetMetaData + CachedResultSet bug
Date: 2006-06-22 14:59:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello everybody!

Today I have found a strange bug in JDBC driver (I used the last version avilable - 8.2dev-503). The problem is with VARCHAR
fields - driver returns "-1" on "getPrecision()" call. But class javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl in its "setPrecision()" method
requires values of 0 and more (javadoc sais "precision the total number of decimal digits; must be <code>0</code> or more ").
I understand that in case of VARCHAR type we cannot speak about real number of decimal digits - but could just driver return 0
instead of -1?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance for answer.

---