Database backup and restore

From: "Colin Stearman" <cstearman(at)infofind(dot)com>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database backup and restore
Date: 2002-11-25 22:58:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have completed the development of a BASH script to dump and load DBs with
(or without) blobs.

It will dump the globals also, like user names, but I don't know about
triggers, etc. As it uses pg_dump
and pg_restore to deal with the DBs and pg_dumpall to deal with the globals,
it should be all there.

You can get the scripts from www.infofind.com/postgreSQL.

Although I tested them, NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND ARE GIVEN. So test them
on something you don't care about first (especially the fullrestore script)!

Colin

PS. Mail list admin is welcome to add these scripts to the contribution
directory, if desired.