Re: DB Dump Size

From: <steve(at)outtalimits(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Thomas Jacob <jacob(at)internet24(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB Dump Size
Date: 2008-08-14 23:26:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

G'day,

I am just running a straight pg_dump with no options.
With the -Fc option the DB size is reduced to about: 700MB

Is the -Fc a compressed format? Are there any limitations or side effects
to using this output, is it slower?? etc etc. Can this output be restored
via the normal method of: psql dbname < sql.dump

Thanks.
Steve