Re: debugging C functions

From: "Islam Hegazy" <islheg(at)gawab(dot)com>
To: "Joe Conway" <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: debugging C functions
Date: 2007-06-04 03:09:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for your replies, they were very helpful to me. Unfortuantely, I
can't trace the C function. PostgreSQL returns the results directly and the
debugger doesn't stop at the breakpoints in the C function.

I think the problem is in the pointers. I use pointers in my function and I
defined them as static to be preserved between calls, my function returns a
set of records. When I comment the pointers portion, the function works
well. But with the pointers, it hangs.

Any idea on how to deal with pointers issue?

Regards
Islam Hegazy