TRUNCATE

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: "Hackers List" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TRUNCATE
Date: 2002-05-12 15:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For my own protection I'm adding checks to truncate so that if there
is an ON DELETE trigger it will not execute the truncate command.

Anyway, should it really only be 'Disallow TRUNCATE on tables that are
involved in referential constraints'?

I'm thinking it should check for an on delete rule as well as user
triggers.

--
Rod