Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32
Date: 2005-10-13 18:36:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tom Lane"<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Sent: 13/10/05 18:23:13
To: "Thomas Hallgren"<thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_config --pgxs on Win32

>> The mingw GNU Make is not too happy about the
>> double backslashes.

> I said that was a bad idea when it was
> done. I'll undo it.

We should probably document that pg_config may not work reliably with non-mingw tools in that case. Microsoft code may or may not do what is expected with front slashes.

BTW Thomas - I thought you said \\ did work when you were testing options for me, or was that just msys rather than make?

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com> writes:
> Something changed very recently in the output from pg_config --pgxs
> command on Win32. It now outputs double backslash everywhere instead
> of forward slashes. The mingw GNU Make is not too happy about the
> double backslashes.

I said that was a bad idea when it was done. I'll undo it.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend