Re: Create View failing

From: "Bryan White" <bryan(at)arcamax(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create View failing
Date: 2000-11-28 21:47:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> I'll take a look, but in the meantime you might be faced with an initdb
> to bring the OID counter back under 2G :-(

I am doing this on my backup db server. The database is recreated nightly
from a dump from the main database server. Maybe I need to do an initdb
nightly as well?

I tried creating the view on the main server and it worked just fine. If
the OID limit has been exceeded, would not the database load fail miserably?
Or are you saying that the limit is really 4G but there is a bug in 'create
view' that limits it to 2G?