Re: 2 tables, joins and same name...

From: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2 tables, joins and same name...
Date: 2001-09-04 15:10:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

I learned SQL from Sam's "Teach Yourself SQL in 21 Days", and am happy to
recommend it. Which book is "best" is very subjective and situation
dependent; all I can say is that this one did the job for me.
Pros: clearly written; knowledgable authors; good coverage
Cons: all due to space limitations. Many advanced features are touched on,
without any really useful explanation of how to use them or even why they
exist. Can be a good starting point though (The pl/pgsql docs made no sense
at all to me, until I had read the Oracle pl/sql coverage in this book).