Driver confused by explicit transactions

From: "Glen Parker" <glenebob(at)nwlink(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Driver confused by explicit transactions
Date: 2002-12-06 23:47:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It appears there is a somewhat on-going bug in the ODBC driver
(07.02.0005 in this case) concerning explicit transactions. The
following sequence demonstrates it.

Begin transaction (OK)
Execute update statement(s) (OK, records hidden from other
transactions)
Commit transaction (OK, records appear to other transactions)
Execute update statement(s) (OK, but records hidden from other
transactions, should be visible)
Commit transaction (OK, records appear to other transactions)

I'm going to dive into the code and see what I see, but wanted to report
the symptoms so others can look too. I suspect the driver is failing to
turn auto-commit mode back on after the explicit commit, and is starting
a new transaction for statements following the commit when it should not
be, which do not get committed automatically.

Glen Parker
glenebob(at)nwlink(dot)com