Re: Cursors and transactions

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: "Oliver Jowett" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cursors and transactions
Date: 2004-02-12 23:44:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Oliver Jowett wrote:
> I'm planning on doing the same at some point but I'm short on time at
> the moment. Could you drop me an email if you make any progress on
> this?

Will do. Since I'm not familiar with the drivers or their direction, I plan
to post a few first-cut attempts for comments before I go and spend eternity
writing something that no one else wants.

> This is completely unrelated to using backend cursors .. it's to do
> with JDBC's support for named cursors that can later be used for a
> positioned UPDATE, which postgresql doesn't support at all.
>
> Actually that whole bit of code could be toasted as we don't claim to
> support positioned update in our metadata anyway..

Okay. I will ignore it for now, then. It doesn't seem to be used in the same
context as the portals that I'm planning to work with anyway.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation