Re: GSoC 2018

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Stefan Keller <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2018
Date: 2017-12-15 10:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

> 15 дек. 2017 г., в 15:03, Stefan Keller <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com> написал(а):
> What about adding "Learned Index" as project task [*]?
> This type of index looks promising for certain properties.

I have no high expectation from this idea. But feel that it is necessary at least to validate the idea. I'd sign up as co-mentor for this. Moreover this will attract students from huge pool of ML hackers.

Also, I'm planning to add my previous-year project about sorting. Or add something WAL-G-related under Postgres umbrella (probably, WAL-scanning for delta-backups).

Best regards, Andrey Borodin&