without hash functions

From: "koju" <koju(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: without hash functions
Date: 2004-03-24 10:57:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

With some reason, only btree functions are allowed to use in my project. I modified all catalogs so that only bt- bp- related can be used. And it looks like hash join and grouping are really depending on hash functions. So I tried to modify "get_op_hash_function" so that it returns btree related OID. However, it still depends on hash functions, because (for example), when grouping, during the PortalRun process, the system calls "LookupTupleHashEntry" and it expects to call hash functions.

For example,
Use one of regression test "select_implicit".
Run the query "SELECT c, max(b) FROM test_missing_target GROUP BY test_missing_target.c ORDER BY c;"

then, the process flows are:

in the "exec_simple_query"
->LookupTupleHashEntry

->hash_search

->hashp->hash (this calls TupleHashTableHash)

->DatumGetUInt32(FunctionCall1(....

Then, the actual function being called in 7.4.1 is hashbpchar, whereas my one calls bpcharcmp

Is there any way to work around this?

Thank you very much!

koju