Embedded Vacuum sql

From: "Jaspreet Singh" <jaspreet(at)noida(dot)hclt(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Embedded Vacuum sql
Date: 2000-05-29 14:27:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
I am a developing a PGE application in 6.5.3 using ecpg and libpq.
However I am unable to Vacuum Analyze the tables using embedded sql. But the same command works from the prompt through vacuumdb comand.
This I detect while query. My query takes 1 hr if vacuum hasn't been done on the database.
I use the following command :-
"EXEC SQL VACUUM ANALYZE <Table Name>
Kindly let me know how to use embedded sql to vacuum analyze.

thanx and regards,
jaspreet