About pg_dump

From: "Aldo Vadillo Batista" <avadillo(at)ulpgc(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About pg_dump
Date: 2001-06-28 12:53:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody,

If you execute "pg_dump -u database", pg_dump permits you to specify the user who is making the dump. But then, pg_dump waits for you to insert the user name and the password.

I want to make automatic scripts to create the copies and I have the problem of interactive I/O.
I am using postgresql 7.1, how can I make the copies?

Thanks in advance.

Saludos,

Aldo Vadillo Batista avadillo(at)ulpgc(dot)es
Subdirección de Comunicaciones - ULPGC
Las Palmas de G.C. - Islas Canarias